Pages

18 March 2010

Hello, is Anyone There?

It's me, again. I was playing around on the computer and hooking up with some British friends on Facebook. I just LOVE having British friends on Facebook. Funny thing is, they even SOUND British when you read their posts. It makes me smile and it makes me miss England. Anyway, one thing led to another and I ended up reading some of my last posts. I have been meaning to write a "wrap up" post. One final, definitive, thought-provoking post about England and our time there. (Final? Definitive? Thought-provoking? Geez! A little too much pressure for one post, don't you think? Enough to stop anyone in their tracks.) I know you weren't out there holding your breathe, waiting for me to write but I still felt like I needed to end it. As far as the blog is concerned I am still in the Charlotte airport on the verge of being home.

Ah, home. Saints-mania and Mardi Gras. That about sums up the entire first month back. Throw in finding out I was pregnant then suffering a miscarriage and you can see that I have been a little pre-occupied. You know, I didn't want to be in my early forties and pregnant but the minute someone says you can't have something, it sure makes you want it even more. God works things out for the best, however. Times like this make you trust Him and Him alone.

The most difficult thing about being back is the loss of my closest friends. Three friends didn't understand our going to England and have just stopped being my friend. They were friends from the kids' school and part of my life almost daily. I can't put in to words how much it hurts. There are times when a memory crosses my mind or I see something that reminds me of them and I just ache. I don't feel angry. Sometimes I just want to cry like a baby.

Most of the time, however, I am happy to be home. With the kids back in school, it is just me and Elise all day. What a treat! She is my little buddy and I don't know what I would do without her. The other day she looked up at me and said, "Mama, you are my friend." I melted. Right then, right there was all I needed.

There is so much more to say but I am getting tired. I just wanted to say hi and get writing again. It can be hard to begin. That's what I wanted to do tonight. Just begin, again.

Not sure if you care to read about what is happening in my little life now that I am home. Thoughts occur to me all the time and I think about sharing them with you. Hope you will stick around a little longer with me to find out where my life is going. Stay tuned...

One last thing...It never gets old thinking, WOW! We are the Super Bowl Champs!

Missing England tonight,
Dina

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for all of your losses, pregnancy and so called friends. You learn alot about yourself when you go through these life challenges, and I hope you find people who really like you & family for who you really are. I know we do. We need to do another date night. And we still need to get Mary to Franklinton. How about a crawfish boil at the lake? I'll keep reading if you keep writing.

    ReplyDelete