Pages

07 January 2011

It's a New Orleans Thing

Excuse me for posting this bad photo.  The cake got the best of us and we dove in before I remembered I wanted a photo to share with you.  Sooo...Happy Kings' Day!  It is the feast of the Epiphany, celebrating the day the three kings found baby Jesus.  What a great day to be a New Orleanian!  We finish the festive Christmas season only to begin the fabulous celebration of Carnival.  Out with the red and green and in with the purple, green and gold!  Enjoying king cake with my family in New Orleans sure beats being snowed in at the Gatwick airport as I was last year at this time.  Although I have to admit, last night,  I was wishing I could sit through a performance of the Lion King in London just one more time.

By the way, I have done some refreshing of the blog.  I hope those of you who subscribe and are getting this message via e-mail will visit the actual site and check it out here.  Look out world (or at least you, dear readers), I am rested, refreshed and ready to blog!

Those of you not lucky enough to live in NOLA- let me know if I need to eat a piece of king cake for you.  It will be tough, but I am willing to make the sacrifice.

Dina

No comments:

Post a Comment