Pages

14 October 2012

Good Thought

The other night I was snuggling with Elise in bed when I heard her whisper,  

"Thanks, brain." 

What did you say?   

"Oh I was just thanking my brain because it sent me a good thought," she said as she tapped the side of her head.

That's nice.

"Yes, it was a really good one.  One that I can think about all night."

Really?  What was it?

"Mama, I can't tell you until the morning."

How delicious!  To be thankful for a really good thought.  To be cozy and secure that you will ponder it all night.  Even more fabulous to hug and love this girl with all my heart.  To watch her develop, listen to her giggle and hear the amazing ideas and thoughts she utters.
There is a magnet on my fridge I bought because I think it captures Elise perfectly:

You are so much sunshine 
to the square inch.

Sitting here, being thankful for my little power-packed ball of sunshine and thought it just may be a start to writing again...finally.

Happy Sunday,
Dina

No comments:

Post a Comment