Thought today I would share five of my favorite blogs:
1. Starry Sky Ranch- So, they say comparison is bad. I know. I've said it myself but I still do it. Kim is amazing. She is a homeschooling mom of ten children. She's beautiful and so is her blog. Remember when you were little and you noticed this amazing girl who was slightly older than you and you formed a girl crush? Kim is my girl crush. I would have wanted to be her when I was younger. I still sort of do but it is not as acceptable to say that out loud when you are in your forties. By the way, the post I have linked will make you cry. You should read it.
2. In the Sheepfold- Another "shouldn't compare, wish she was my older sister" story. Love, love, love Kelly. She is funny and real and I so wish I could hang out with her and her family.
3. Zen Habits- If you are trying to improve anything about your life, this blog is a great resource and Leo is an excellent teacher. His blog is simple and so is his approach to life. You will feel refreshed and educated. I used his principles of forming habits to begin and stick to my running program. If you think maybe he is just a preachy guy who has always had his act together so he couldn't possilby understand you and where you are, think again. Over the past seven years he has lost about 60 pounds, stopped smoking, gotten in shape and started eating healthy- one habit at a time.
4. The Stone Soup- Recently stumbled onto this blog through Zen Habits. I am going to use it to overhaul my meal planning technique which of late hasn't even existed so it shouldn't be hard to improve. I am also going to use it to reintroduce veggies to my and my family's life. Busy May always means a lazy approach to food which generally means fast food and crap. Jules Clancy to the rescue! I even bought her Two Minute Mal Planning for $20. Will let you know how it works out. I am loving it already because she references the idea from Zen Habits of taking small, doable steps in changing the way you plan and prepare meals. This all-or-nothing girl can always use a reminder.
5. She Reads and Novel Matters- Lumped these together so I could stick to the rule of five but also because they are both about one of my great loves- BOOKS! I love She Reads for recommendations of books and getting to know authors. I enjoy Novel Matters for reading and thinking about writing. I hope for it to spark more actually writing on my part but for now I am mostly reading and thinking about it.
Happy Blog Reading!
PS. Want to see more favorites or share your own? Check out Moxie Wife.